Tuesday 18 October 2011

Event Review: Jemi's Album launch with Alexander Victor, Dayo Bello, His Levites band, Mayowa, Sophy-yah, MC Mark, Shola Victor Sajowa and David Aliyu

When "African" meets "contemporary" and you add a spice of jazz with a plate full of soulful  rhythms, what do you get? That was my personal experience at the launch of Jemi Nwadike's album - "His Perfect Will" on Saturday, October 15 2011 at the Greenwich West Community & Arts Centre.

My first observation was the music from the band. When you've got "His Levites" band in the house, trust you get all the groove and perfection! It was absolutely on point. (I still wonder where the drummer gets his energy from though, redbull or "heavendove"? lol).



His Levites Band made the music sound so good!
Then the host of the event, Alexander Victor did a slight remix of "How great is our God" and it sounded great. As Precious Obimdi (His Levites Band keyboardists and CEO Precious Gospel) rightly put it - "When not ministering in song or in word, he's ministering on the keys." When I grow up I want to be like him. Serious!
Alexander Victor "ministering" on keys
So much happened that night that time and space will fail me. I managed to capture some highlights of the night with with my phone lol [Sorry the quality was poor, my phone couldn't stop dancing so there was probably some shaking! Wait till I get my 3D video camera :-)]

  • Shall I mention the teachings and nuggets on worship from the host, Alexander Victor! Did I mention I witnessed him do digging some african praise for the first time! See why I want to be like him when I grow up.

  • Or how there was only just one or two performances with click track because His Levites Band were just perfect!

  • Lovely dance ministration from "Rite Stars" to the song "Mighty God" by Deitrick Haddon.

  • David Aliyu and friends doing some awesome hip-hop songs - "Our God is an awesome God" and "Do it" (Watch out for their EP soon.)

  • Sophy-yah's moving rendition of "You do mighty things" and the groovy "Hallelujah is the highest praise" (check out the video for the audience doing the "electric slide" dance).

  • Mayowa (Just Praise) did an awesome medley of timeless classic songs like You are the pillar/Covenant Keeping God/Jehovah you are the most high. My favourite was the african praise! She's got a combination of her soulful voice plus the real african serenity in songs like Ko s'oba bire (No king like our God)/Somebody say Baba/You make me wonder etc Gosh you just had to dance!

  • Jemi got us all on our feet with her soulful, groovy and jazzy songs! His Levites Band definitely did their homework, I felt like I was in a studio recording! I think I'm in love!

  • MC Mark, the funniest comedian I have met so far! he made us crack so much we almost fell off. According to him, south african names/accents have no syllables lol

  • Shola Victor Sajowa was just great with her african praise. First she did a praise song "Ebube dike" and some african medley of My Lord is good o/All other gods/Jesus na you be oga etc. Absolutely amazing minister!

  • Dayo Bello - crazy worship meets crazy praise meets crazy energy meets highlife meets afrobeats meets dance! He almost reminds of Jesus praying in wilderness with the drops of sweat like blood (No, Dayo's wasn't like that!). You just had to respond to God's awesomeness. Amazing minister. (Plus he taught us the french version of "Jehovah you are the most high")
I will post my video coverage of the event soon and you wait till I get my 3D video camera for more better quality! :-)

PS: Some extras I thought I'd share!




Niyi
For more info about the wwi project:

Facebook group page - the Write Word Inspires
Twitter - @thewwiproject


I am a regular guy! Let's Connect.
Email: adereti.niyi@gmail.com
Become a friend on facebook: Niyi Adereti 
Follow me on Twitter: @digitalniyi
My Website: www.digitalniyi.com



5 comments:

  1. I caught the tail-end of this show but I'm glad I went. I've since purchased Jemi's CD and take it from me, it's really cool. Thanks for the write up Niyi. The pictures and indeed what you have said testifies to the fact that the day was a special one, filled with much entertainment, fun and much worship from beginning to end. Well done to Jemi & friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omowunmi Vaughan1 November 2011 at 23:27

    I give God the glory for such an awesome time of worship and praise. I enjoyed every bit of it from the worship and praise to the comedy. I thank God for the proclamation of Gods gift in the life of Jemi. God be praised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Praise God Niyi even i who was not there get the essence of the night. It was a evening not to be forgotten and that God was truly worshipped in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like niyi said contemporary meeting African rhymes and other spices was awesomely awesome...I'm glad I was there... God's presence was mighty and our praises definitely went up cos there was an out pour of blessings.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...thanks for posting this song by deitrick (what a mighty God). This song has lifted my spirit this morning

    ReplyDelete